English Class 8th
42. The merchants would scare the ________ away and secure the treasure.
43. Sindbad had an idea and he began by _____________ up all the largest diamonds.
44. Immense means ___________
B. Extremely large
D. A little
45. Marvellous means ____________
46. Some "policemen" are organizing road traffic to avoid any accidents.
A. Material noun
B. Abstract noun
C. Countable noun
D. Collective noun
47. Puzzled means ___________
D. none of these
48. Before we left I ___________ one of my diamonds for much goodly merchandise by which I profited greatly on our homeward way.
49. A word that describes a noun or pronoun is __________
A. Proper noun
D. None of these
50. Swiftly means ___________
D. None of these
51. My best friend has been a companion to me for five years. ( In this sentence, the word companion means___________________)
52. I meandered through the woods and did not win the race. (In this sentence, the meandered means _______________)
53. In the pirate story, there were the good guys against the buccaneers. (In this sentence, the word buccaneers means __________________)
54. If you don’t conquer your fears, they will beat you. (In this sentence, the word conquer means __________________)
A. Talk about
55. The good guy in the story was strong and kind, unlike the villain. (In this sentence, the word villain means ___________________)
A. Super hero
C. Bad guy
56. The "desk’s edge" is very sharp and pointed. Underlined word is a ____________
A. Common noun
B. Inanimate noun
C. Possessive noun
D. Abstract noun
58. Maria was listening to her teacher talking about the devastating floods of July 2010 and august 2013 in _______________
59. ____________ rains were the chief cause of the devastating floods of 2010
60. The word unfettered means __________.