History Class 8th
21. Lord Elgin remained Vicroy from 1862 to?
22. Lord Elgin was succeeded by?
D. Lord Lawrence
23. Lawrence remained Viceroy from 1864 to?
24. Before becoming Viceroy, Lawrence was Chief Commissioner of?
25. ______ used to give attention to farmers.
26. _________ protected Shrines’ interests.
27. Lord Mayo remained Viceroy from?
A. 1869 to 1870
B. 1869 to 1872
C. 1869 to 1880
D. 1869 to 1874
28. Who established a college for the sons of Rulers of Princely States?
29. Who adopted the policy of centralization in politics?
30. Lord Mayo gave control to Provinces to raise money for expenditure and to run administration of the provinces, in?
31. Lord North Brook was Viceroy from 1872 to?
32. Who declared to reduce taxes and put an end to unnecessary laws making?
C. North Brook
33. In whose reign, there was a situation of famine in certain parts of Bihar and Bengal?
A. North Brook
34. Lyton ruled from 1876 to _____.
35. In _________ reign, it was decided to give jobs in Govt. to Indians.
36. “Divide and Rule” policy was adopted by?
37. In subcontinent, the education system was the brain child of?
A. Woods Dispatch
B. Lord Meekalay
C. Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
38. Lord Mayo suggested for improvement in Indian colleges and establishment of new college in _______ ?
39. In 1813, ________ lac rupees were allocated for education of Science and Literature
40. In 1818 a Christian Priest established a college in _______ in which Hindus and Muslims were given English education.